6 Tips for Preparing for Your Summer Session
Summer is a beautiful time for portraits. Yes, it's hot, but we won't start shooting until an hour before sunset. Here are six ways you can make sure your summer portrait session goes off without a hitch.
1. Dress appropriately. Summer means hot and humid weather, which can lead to sticky bodies. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don't weigh you down. As for shoes, sweet flats or loafers are a great option.
2. Think about your hair. If you or a family member's hair reacts to humidity in a negative way, opt for a hairstyle that won't leave you feeling insecure. For example, a pretty braid or an updo is a good choice. Or you can wear a headscarf, or use a little extra product to keep frizz at bay.
3.Pack necessities. When packing your photo shoot necessities, we recommend bringing the following items: Lots of water for all, a snack for sustenance, sunscreen, umbrella for shade, water mister, makeup touchup.
4. Think about head to toe details. For example, if you're wearing flip-flops or open toed shoes, you want to have manicured feet. If it's really breezy, a hat or scarf can keep things under control.
5. Rest assured knowing I won't let you overheat. Sometimes it's hard just to walk outside when it's scorching outside, but know that we're going to have an amazing shoot. We'll spend lots of time in the shade, dive into the cool A/C when we can, and I will never push your family into staying longer than they can or want.
6. Incorporate props. Outdoor summer shoots are loaded with imagery as is, but we can always incorporate a few props into the mix. Vintage step stools in a field look gorgeous, as do blankets, balloons, and even visually striking treats (lollipops, ice cream, etc.).
Keywords: family photography, family photos, family pictures, Longview Texas Photographer, Mt. Pleasant Photographer, northeast Texas photographer, Texarkana Photographer
Recent PostsGrad Card Etiquette Senior's Guide to the Portrait Perfect Face 4 Top Tips for a Picture Perfect Senior Session Calli ~ Class of 2021 Options for Displaying Your Images Senior Session Options Katelyn ~ Class of 2021 Sunflower Sessions How to Make Sure Your Senior Pictures Represent You Pinterest Ideas You'll Love!